It's Friday, and it's been a long week, and I'm really tired, guys.
Well, fastest if you don't include slow-cooker time. We don't count slow-cooker time, do we? Because if you can paint your toenails and pay the bills and walk the dog and answer 86 emails and plant some strawberries, it probably shouldn't count as "cooking time."
This recipe is magic.
You take a bag of frozen meatballs (thawed). Or maybe you don't. Maybe you have a bushel full of fresh artisanal meatballs just sitting around the house. But I don't.
Then you add in 2 cans of fruit and a smidge of brown sugar and the teeniest bit of chipotle (or more if you're brave).
This is more than the sum of its parts, guys. Give it a try. And don't forget to do your toenails - it's almost sandal season!
Cranberry-Chipotle Meatballs with Pineapple
Canned Jellied Cranberry Sauce [ 1 16-ounce can ]
Canned Pineapple Chunks [ 1 15-ounce can, drained ]
Brown Sugar [ packed, 1/4 cup ]
Canned Chipotle Chile in Adobo Sauce [ 1/2 chile, chopped ]
Cooked White Rice [ to taste, for serving ]
1. Place Meatballs in slow cooker.
2. In a bowl, mash up Cranberry Sauce with a fork.
3. Mix in Pineapple, Brown Sugar, and Chile.
4. Pour Sauce over Meatballs and stir to coat Meatballs thoroughly.
5. Place lid on slow cooker, set to Low, and cook 4-5 hours. Sauce will have thickened quite a bit.
6. Serve over Rice.